Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Its our time to win WC !!

England defender Ashley Cole believes the team has the quality to deliver the goods on football's biggest stage.

England will leave for South Africa with a whole nation praying for an end to the painful 44 year wait for a major football trophy and Cole belives their prayers can be answered.

In comments reported by The Mirror, the left-back said: "I think we can win it and that's what we're going there to do.

"I'm not going to say we ARE going to win the World Cup but I am willing to say we're good enough to win it.

"If you look at players like Stevie G, Lamps, Rio and Rooney, we have some great players in that team.

"And so, if we all play well on the day and have a bit of luck, you never know."

"When the draw was made, I think there were a few teams we'd have liked to have missed - and we managed to miss them.

"What's important is that we're not over-confident and I don't think we are going to be going into the competition.

"But we feel that if we play as well as we can, to our capabilities, I don't think we'll have a problem at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment