Sunday, June 6, 2010

I will be at my Best !!

Argentina superstar Lionel Messi has vowed to reproduce his Barcelona performances on the World Cup stage and help Argentina to glory this summer.

The diminutive playmaker, who will turn 23 during the tournament, was hailed in many quarters as the best player in the world as he scored 47 goals in all competitions for his club last season, but he has frequently failed to impress with the Albiceleste.

But he said in the Sun: "I am confident and convinced that I will repeat my performances for Barca for my country during the World Cup.

"My dream is to lead Argentina to glory in South Africa. I hope we will do well and, as an individual, to be able to play as I do for my club Barcelona and become a champion."

Diego Maradona's side only scraped into the finals courtesy of a 1-0 win over Uruguay in their final qualifier amid a storm of criticism over the national team legend's eccentric management style.

But an unperturbed Messi said: "We struggled in the qualifiers because they are complicated.

"We had to play a few games away at the start where it is always difficult and we also had the change of a manager when Diego Maradona took over midway through the qualifiers.

"But qualifying made us stronger and made us determined to show that in the World Cup it won't be the same as in the qualifiers."

No comments:

Post a Comment