Sunday, May 23, 2010

Zanetti sad to see "great" Mourinho go

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti is sad to see coach Jose Mourinho go, but says the club must respect his decision.


Mourinho all but confirmed his San Siro exit in the aftermath of Inter's Champions League win on Saturday and Zanetti told SkySport:

"I am really sad that Mourinho has decided to leave, but this is his choice.

"We must respect his decision, and unfortunately we are saying goodbye to a great coach and a great man."

Moving on to happier things, the Argentinean reflected on his side's stunning European win.

"It is a unique feeling," he declared.

"After such a great season this was all that was missing.

"I had many thoughts at the final whistle. My family, my wife, the president Massimo Moratti and of course all the Inter fans.

"Year after year I have managed to improve and mature. After much suffering in the past we are finally on top of Europe and this is an immense satisfaction.

Even the news that he had been left out by Diego Maradona for Argentina's World Cup squad failed to dampen the veteran's spirits.

"I can't feel disappointed about anything after a year like this one. [Diego] Maradona made his decision and for me the World Cup is already something in the past, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment