Sunday, May 23, 2010

Champions League Matchwinner Diego Milito Set To Follow Mourinho To Real Madrid!!


Before the dust could settle on Inter Milan’s celebrations after being crowned European champions after a 45-year wait, news of the team’s breakup came quickly with goalscorer Diego Milito refusing to commit his future to the club.

Diego Milito could be celebrating his last goals for Inter


The Argentinian international scored both goals that shot Inter to the Champions League trophy on Saturday and after the game, he hinted that he may no longer be at the San Siro next season, with the possibility of joining Jose Mourinho at the Bernabeu increasingly likely.

“Will I stay? I don’t know,” Milito said on Sky Sport Italia. “I have important offers.”

The clinical hitman showed his finishing prowess and no lack of individual ability as he scored a goal in each half to send Bayern Munich spinning to defeat. The manner in which he took his goals could convince Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to agree to any Mourinho request to bring the player along with him to Spain.

Milito has also scored 6 goals in 11 Champions League games to prove his pedigree on the biggest stage of European club football.

“It’s a great joy for me. I have never experienced this and I am really happy for Inter,” the Argentinian continued.

“The president (Inter’s Moratti) deserves this and I am really happy for everyone tonight.

“This is football and I am really happy. I have always fought hard for this and I have always given the maximum.

“We deserve this trophy, the team, the club, the president and everyone. I am very happy. I want to thank Inter, and the president.”

If Milito were to follow his Inter coach to Real, it would put the futures of current Madrid stars Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema in serious doubt. While it remains to be seen if Mourinho will adopt the same formation he employed at Inter in Spain where he frequently played Milito upfront with a triple axis of Pandev, Eto’o and Sneijder in support of the lone striker, the two players may have to change their way of playing in order to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment